Working in construction is physically demanding in almost every way, from heavy lifting to enduring harsh weather. It can sometimes be overlooked that construction workers also spend all day on their feet, and not just that, but on hard concrete surfaces. While you may know where to go for supplies—for example, formingamerica.com is a go-to for forms—finding shoes can be more difficult. We’ve compiled a list of the shoes best reviewed for standing on concrete all day. If you’re up for something slightly different Loom makes a shoe that is a fan favorite if you’re standing for long hours, especially on a hard surface like concrete.
Loom makes sneakers in styles for both men and women, designed from heel to toe for comfort and durability. The sneaker is composed of multiple layers: an H2-GO layer to keep your feet dry, an inner layer lined with wool to keep the temperature low, odorless, and bacteria-free; a wool-lined cushion at the bottom to avoid sweat settling into the bottom of your shoe. The sole of the shoe has been designed by foot doctors and podiatrists, so your foot’s health is a priority. Making this an easy choice whether you’re looking for the best shoes for standing on concrete all day or if you’re on your feet all day as a dental assistant. You can only get Loom at their site, so here are 5 of the best shoes for standing on concrete for long hours.
5 Best Shoes for Standing on Concrete for Long Hours
1. TICCOON Steel Toe Shoes Safety Shoes for Men and Women
- Rubber sole clear texture design, stable grip on the ground, and non-slip and wear-resistant.
- The work shoes are made from synthetic uppers, keeping the feet fresh and comfortable to wear.
- The work safety shoes have a fashion style. The lightweight shoes are more comfortable to wear. Let you not feel heavy after fatigue work.
- Great for those working on electric power industry, auto manufacturing, construction and machine manufacturing. In addition, they are perfect for mountain climbing and outdoor trekking.
TICCOON based some of its designs on New Balance shoes. New Balance is an extremely popular sneaker brand, with options for a wide range of needs and a history of comfort dating back to 1906. This shoe in particular is not only comfortable but also has a steel toe front for extra safety.
The work shoes are made of a soft yet durable leather with a long-lasting lace-up style closure and a padded collar and tongue designed to keep ankles safe and comfortable. The lining of the sneakers is a special moisture-wicking, synthetic fabric that offers breathability, and the insole is removable so that it can be replaced with orthotics if necessary.
The midsole is made of a foam-based polymer, offering adequate arch support and stability, with the power to reduce shock at the impact point, diminishing fatigue.
It’s no wonder why this is one the best sellers on Amazon.
2. Skechers Men’s Loafer
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- Dual elastic goring
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam comfort insole
Skechers has long been known for comfortable shoes that look stylish and don’t break the bank, and they kept that up with the Segment The Search Loafer for men. These shoes have a cushion that is both memory foam and gel-infused for maximum comfort, along with a highly supportive midsole.
Another benefit of these loafers is the pull loop at the back that allows you to easily remove the shoe and slip them back on, along with elastic goring that adds flexibility.
3. CLARKS Everlay Elma Oxford
- Cushion soft
- Ortholite footbed
- Heel height 1.5 inch
For women who still want to look stylish while staying comfortable, this elegant shoe from Clarks is for you. These shoes have a low wedge and are lined with a soft fabric. The insole is a soft ortholite, and the outsole is super shock absorbent, offering great traction.
While a heel may not be the most intuitive option, short wedge heels like the 1.5-inch one featured here can actually improve posture and reduce back and leg problems.
4. Skechers Work Sure Track
- Slip-resistant work shoe with athletic cushion and comfort
- Stretch top panel. Heel pull-on loop
- Protective leather toe and heel overlays
Another great option from Skechers, this pull-on shoe offers comfort, flexibility, and durability all in one without having to contend with complicated laces. The insoles are memory foam and offer excellent cushioning for the highest support, though they can be removed and replaced with orthotics or your chosen insole.
The Flex Sole midsoles also offer safety, ensuring your feet are in good shape and minimizing shock impact. Leather overlays on the heels and toes keep your feet safe during a fall, but a slip-resistant outsole makes that unlikely to happen!
5. Timberland PRO Men’s Powertrain Sport Shoe
- KEEP IT COMFORTABLE: Athletic styling gives these men’s Powertrain Sport work shoes a modern look. Alloy safety toes, breathable mesh linings, electrical hazard protection & anti-fatigue technology combine for ultimate low-profile comfort & protection.
- SAFETY AND COMFORT: Built on a tradition of craftsmanship & innovation, Timberland PRO helps you conquer your work day. Technology like our proprietary outsole with built-in Anti-Fatigue Technology keeps you comfortable all day.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection—all day long—from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
Timberland is well known for waterproof walking shoes and leather boots, making them a big name in comfort and sturdiness since they began in 1952. This shoe features a synthetic upper with mesh lining and an antimicrobial lining, preventing sweat and odor. A polyurethane midsole is ESD resistant for extra safety against shocks.
The shoe is also equipped with anti-fatigue technology, keeping away shocks and impact while maintaining a lightweight frame. These are designed to take a beating from concrete on your behalf, leaving your feet pain-free. These shoes also feature a slip-resistant outsole to keep you safe on slippery surfaces in addition to their use for concrete.